1. Oracle Cards or Tarot Cards - I have talked about both of these in many blog posts. Cards can give you visual ques. Look at the picture, any words written on the card and the meaning of the card based on the guide book. These are a fun and easy way to connect.
2. Pendulum or Dowsing Rods - These can be purchased or easily made at home. Dowsing rods with a wire coat hanger and straws or a pendulum with a pen and string. The biggest trick to these two tools is how you ask your questions. Your questions must be clear and concise and of the yes/no variety. These can be a bit tricky to use in the beginning, but ultimately tons of fun when you master them.
3. Drawing - Yup! What could be more fun than discovering your creative side. Draw what you see in your minds eye when meditating or just connect to source to see what comes out on your page. Try using different mediums too - crayons, markers, pencil crayons or paint. Allow your hand to move without judgement and see what appears.
4. Sound - This can be used in many different ways. I love to chant Sanskrit mantra. This allows me to go deep within feeling my connection to myself and to the divine. This can be achieved with indigenous instruments like drums and rattles too. Some may choose a guided meditation with gentle music. What way does music help you to connect?
5. Crystals - All crystals hold healing properties. Each one different from the next. There are many crystals that help you open your third eye or crown chakra and your intuitive connection. Crystals can be placed near you when meditating, held in your hand or worn.
6. Smell - Like crystals, essential oils all carry healing properties. Choose one or create a blend of essential oils that will assist your connection.
There are a few things for you to try! Maybe even incorporate a few together. Enjoy!